Saturday, October 22, 2011

Week 42 Review: Lord of the Vampires

From Goodreads:
Once upon a time…the Blood Sorcerer vanquished the kingdom of Elden. To save their children, the queen scattered them to safety and the king filled them with a need for vengeance. Only a magical timepiece connects the four royal heirs…and time is running out. 

Nicolai the Vampire is renowned for his virility, but in a cruel twist of fate "The Dark Seducer" has become a sex slave in the kingdom of Delfina—stripped of his precious timepiece and his memory. All that remains is a primal need for freedom, revenge—and the only woman who can help him.

When the wanton vampire summons Jane Parker, she is helpless to obey. She's drawn to his dark sexuality and into his magical realm. But for this human, all is not a fairy tale. For saving Nicolai could mean losing the only man she's ever craved...


My Review:
This is an awesome book! Full of steamy romance, spectacular romance, and dazzling characters! I just loved it! Plus, it's a Gena Showalter book, so what could be wrong with it? I just utterly loved this book so much!

I loved the idea of the story, of a royal family killed and spread away, filled with vengeance to kill the one who killed their parents! Just really great! And that this series is written by 4 different authors...yeah!

I really loved Jane and Nicolai together, though I wish she could've called him Nicki like he wanted her to (he never told her that, so she didn't. But it wouldn't been nice and sweet!) And just so cute! And just proves how either how strong he is, and or how unaware of how Nicki is a feminine name.

I loved their relationship, it was really great, even if there were a few memory problems. But that just meant that they had more conflicts, and that since they worked together, had a stronger relationship! So yeah, I enjoyed that!

This was just an excellent book, just proving how much I love Gena Showalter's writing!

Author: Gena Showalter
Series: The Royal House of Shadows #1
Read: October 18th-22nd, 2011
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Must read all of Gena Showalter's books!!!!
Publisher: Harlequin
Published: August 22nd 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

4 comments:

  1. ooooh I've never seen this book before. I have read Showalter's Underworld series though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, she only wrote the 1st book, a different author was for each of the 4 books, it was a great series :)

    And her LotU, and the Angels of the Dark spin off, are both really awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angels of the dark, I was reading the first book but then lost it.
    The cold and impersonal angel. Need to find that book again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, and the series just kept getting better :) It was a fantastic book!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!