Saturday, October 29, 2011

Week 43 Review: Dragon Aster

From Goodreads:
Sybl has endured the first years of being a teenager both unloved and forgotten. When an Awl takes her from Earth to the realm of Aster, she will discover a place where fantasy is the reality. A world of dragons. But that will not be all that she finds.

Still distraught from having lost his best friend, Cirrus has tried to move on with his life. His world is falling apart, and it is a fight the High Guard cannot win. All that remains is a Prophecy from the ghostly memories of those he loved. A Prophecy that a Fay would return to Aster, restoring the balance of life and death. For without her, his kind will side with the forces of war. An onslaught of destruction would follow, and he is a dragon tired of death.

When he finds Sybl, he takes it on himself to become her protector. Within her memories, she holds one from the friend he lost. She may be the last hope that the Prophecy has yet to come about. But he will have to outfly the shadows from his past first, for the demon who is after them does not fear a death it can weave.

Wake to a world tangled in the Threads of Fate.

Dream back the memories that can save it.


My Review:
Really good book! I wish that there'd been a glossary of people and terms, and a family tree so some things would make sense, but I got it about halfway through. Well, most of it. The near end really helped with understanding. It just might've been helpful to have some of it ahead of time. Yep.

Loved the characters, there were a lot of funny parts, and Sybl has a lot of "guys" and I use the term loosely, since there were a few species that found her attractive, and yeah, she wasn't used to that. But that just made her stronger. Plus, she was really funny!

I have a few questions about her back, but I think they might be linked to why she was where she was in the beginning. And that just might make sense. Yep.

Loved the ending! So good! Such a cliffhanger! We don't know if it's going to have a good ending or not, it's just paused, and nothing is going to happen until the next book (whenever it comes out, hopefully soon, though) comes out and I read it!! Want to now, though!!!

Such a great book once you understand what some words mean, and yeah. Read it!!!!

Author: S. J. Wist
Series: Dragon Aster Trilogy #1
Read: September 6th-October 29th, 2011
Source: Author for review
Reason Why: Loved the sound of it! Wanted to read more!
Publisher: Infinity Dreamt
Published: September 4th 2011
4/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the great review! It has made my day. =) I have a mini-glossary on Shelfari that I've been meaning to expand if you were interested. ^ ^ I ended up removing her wing on the cover too, as I felt it was too early for it to be significant and better for book 3. I'm aiming for before-summer with its second part. Thanks so much again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad :) And that'd be excellent! And ok. I've kinda had that cover for a little bit now. Opps! Ooh, 3rd book? I'm interested! And yeah!!! I don't want to wait for summer! And no problem :) (Sorry that this comment's a bit weird, I came home not too long ago from play-after 6 hours. After 5 hours of sleep. So I feel a little weird)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!