Saturday, January 21, 2012

Week 3 Review: Destiny's Fire

From Goodreads:
It's the year 2040, and sixteen-year-old Dez Harkly is one of the last of her kind—part of a nearly extinct race of shape-shifters descended from guardians to the Egyptian pharaohs. Her home and her secret are threatened when the Council lowers the barrier, allowing the enemy race to enter the Shythe haven. 

As the Narcolym airships approach, Dez and her friends rebel against their Council and secretly train for battle. Not only is Dez wary of war and her growing affection for her best friend Jace, but she fears the change her birthday will bring. When Dez's newfound power rockets out of control, it's a Narcolym who could change her fate… if she can trust him. 

Dez's guarded world crumbles when she discovers why the Narcos have really come to Haven Falls, and she's forced to choose between the race who raised her and the enemy she's feared her whole life. 

My Review:
This is such a fantastic book! I loved it! I loved how developed the world was, with the powers, and the races, though I wish we could learn more about the Narcolym and  Shythe, and why they were different, why they were different races and such. And then it could've been longer so I could read it more! Because I want to read more!

I absolutely loved the romantic conflict, and how it was mixed with the political conflict! And it so very much tormented Dez with what she felt, and what she was taught to think, and rules were pushed and broken, and it was fun and exciting when it wasn't death-defying! And it was so amazing to read!

The characters were so good, too! They had their quarks, like clothing, fighting, and dating, and they were real, with real problems, you know? You could really relate to them, what they were going through, like when they get their powers, it's basically all of the sucky-ness of being a teenager is compacted into a single day, added with some really awesome powers!

The plot was absolutely terrific, with a few twists that I wasn't expecting, plus all the things that the characters thought might happen, and kinda did, but a bit differently then they thought they would because they only had their suspicions, they weren't in the know. Yep.

This was just an excellent, amazing, wonderful, fantastic, wonderful book that you guys just have to check out!!!

Author: Trisha Wolfe
Read: January 15th, 2012
Source: Publishers for review
Reason Why: It looked absolutely amazing! I had to read it! And it's a DAC book!
Publisher: Omnific Publishing
Published: January 10th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!