Saturday, January 28, 2012

Week 4 Review: The Sky is Everywhere

From Goodreads:
Seventeen-year-old Lennie Walker, bookworm and band geek, plays second clarinet and spends her time tucked safely and happily in the shadow of her fiery older sister, Bailey. But when Bailey dies abruptly, Lennie is catapulted to center stage of her own life - and, despite her nonexistent history with boys, suddenly finds herself struggling to balance two. Toby was Bailey's boyfriend; his grief mirrors Lennie's own. Joe is the new boy in town, a transplant from Paris whose nearly magical grin is matched only by his musical talent. For Lennie, they're the sun and the moon; one boy takes her out of her sorrow, the other comforts her in it. But just like their celestial counterparts, they can't collide without the whole wide world exploding.

My Review:
I identified a lot with Lennie. I'm a bookworm, and I played clarinet in band, though there weren't first and second clarinets and sets, really. So yeah, we have a few things in common. Things that we don't, are that I'm the older sibling, and I have a younger brother. Yeah. I think I would prefer and older sister!

This was a really cute book, and while it was sometimes hard to read, dealing with the pain and loss of her sister, and then the emotional complications that comes with dealing with said sister's boyfriend, and then the new boy who she shares a lot of non-sister related stuff, both of whom, she could easily fall in love with.

I think that it ended rather nicely, on a good note, things are better, stable, and not hurting as much, and life continues without pretty much being hated, because yeah, things are better, and getting better all the time. And it's good!

This really was a nice, sweet book, and one that I enjoyed a lot!

Author: Jandy Nelson
Read: January 25th-27th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I wanted to, and it's a RR book!
Publisher: Dial
Published: March 9th 2010
4/5 Hearts
3.5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!