Saturday, January 28, 2012

Week 4 Review: Daughter of the Centaurs

From Goodreads:
Malora knows what she was born to be: a horse wrangler and a hunter, just like her father. But when her people are massacred by batlike monsters called Leatherwings, Malora will need her horse skills just to survive. The last living human, Malora roams the wilderness at the head of a band of magnificent horses, relying only on her own wits, strength, and courage. When she is captured by a group of centaurs and taken to their city, Malora must decide whether the comforts of her new home and family are worth the parts of herself she must sacrifice to keep them.

My Review:
This was a pretty amazing book! I wouldn't want to live in that world, but it's pretty cool, with her being the last human and all, being surrounded by centaurs, and the threat of Leatherwings. IT was pretty cool!

Malora thinks that centaurs are "perfect beings." And since she, as a young girl, has always wanted something to do with horses, well, the centaurs, who have the upper body of a human, and the lower body of a horse, well, yeah, that makes perfect sense!

I was pretty sad when she lost Sky, the stallion, because he'd been with her through some pretty hard times, and then he was gone, so yeah, I hope that is dealt with in the sequel, because I would really, really enjoy that, like, so much!

This was a pretty fantastic book, and there a lot of threads that hopefully will be dealt with in the next book, and yeah, my hopes are high!

Author: Kate Klimo
Series: Centauriad #1
Read: January 26th-27th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded good! And it counts for 2012 Dystopian, too, since it's set in the far future, where she's the last human left!
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers
Expected Publication: January 24th 2012
4/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!