Saturday, January 21, 2012

Week 3 Review: Killing Me Softly

From Goodreads:
The Nightcap Strangler, who terrorized the town of Shadow Falls sixteen years ago, has finally been executed. Case closed. Until Bryan Kendall's lover is murdered in the notorious killer's unique style and the rookie cop stands accused. Has someone committed the perfect copycat crime…or was the wrong man put to death?

A continent away, Dawn Jones hears that her first love has been accused of murder and knows that only she can help him. But to do so, she'll have to face the very fears that drove them apart.

Together they'll work to uncover secrets someone's willing to kill to keep, and renew a love as dangerous as it is inevitable. And their best lead is the girl found dead in Bryan's bed, reeking of the whiskey poured down her throat before her killer squeezed it shut.

A killer who thinks that Dawn, too, could use one last drink…

My Review:
This was a fantastic book! I loved reading it, and yeah, while who the bad guy was, was sad, because we knew him, and that he would do that, well, yeah, sad. But this was an awesome book! I totally loved the characters, and I can't wait to read more of this series!

So first off, this is a situation that I wouldn't wish on anyone who hasn't committed one of the top 4 or so really, really, really bad things (murder, rape, abuse-child abuse specially, and genocide, those are what I can think of off the top of my head) being accused of something that you didn't do.

I really enjoyed the investigation, all the places and people that they went to, to gather clues, and any help that they could to prove his innocence, because he was, and yeah, they do that, so yeah! I'm happy with that!

Yeah, this was a pretty fantastic book, one that I really rather enjoyed, and yeah, like I said, I can't wait to read more of this series!

Author: Maggie Shayne
Series: Secrets of Shadow Falls #1
Read: January 18th-24th, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: I have the next 2 books, wanted to read it, and it's a FtBRC book. Yep.
Publisher: Mira
Published: June 22nd 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!