Saturday, February 7, 2015

Week 6 Review: Gravediggers

From Goodreads:
Seventeen-year-old Billy thinks his father's murder will never be solved — until he stumbles across an old ammo box while digging a grave in his small-town Tennessee cemetery.

What he finds leads him to question everything he knows, and his search for answers will uncover more than he bargained for: lies, secrets, and conspiracies — and behind them all, a dangerous truth.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book a lot. It was a lot different from the other book that I read about digging graves, seeing as that, the mystery revolved around the character that did the digging. This time, it revolved around the digger's dad.

You have to feel bad for Billy, his dad was killed in a hit and run. I have no personal experience, but honestly, of the 2 parts, the run part is the worse. If it was just a hit, then it's possible that the person can be saved. Well, it can't be just a run, but with them combined, it's less likely that the person will live, which has been demonstrated in fiction before, and now by Billy's dad.

Billy had a good team with his best friend, Henry, and Henry's cousin, Amanda. They worked well together, their strengths  balanced the group out, and they were really interesting to read about. They are investigating a death, after all!

Billy gets darker and darker as the book goes on. And that's to be expected, seeing what they were investigating and all. If it wasn't a book, then I'd wish that Billy had some outlets for his feelings, something to let that out, but since it is a book, him keeping that it was conflict!

I really enjoyed reading this book, it was entertaining, and good, and I really enjoyed reading about these characters, and solving this!

Author: Cindy M. Hogan
Read: January 31st, 2015
Source: NetGalley/E-Books for Review Review Copy
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a SAC 2015 Book!
Publisher: O'Neal Publishing
Published: October 23rd 2013
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!