Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #318, June 14th

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating!

The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones
Expected Publication: August 8th, 2017
From Goodreads:
A thrilling blend of sci-fi, paranormal horror, and romance-perfect for fans of Holly Black and Leigh Bardugo

When Dee Moreno makes a deal with a devil--her heart in exchange for an escape from a disastrous home life--she finds her trade may be more than she bargained for. And becoming "heartless" is only the beginning. What lies ahead is a nightmare far bigger, far more monstrous than anything she ever could have imagined. 

With reality turned on its head, Dee has only a group of other deal-making teens to keep her grounded, including the charming but secretive James Lancer. And as something like love grows between them amidst an otherworldly ordeal, Dee begins to wonder: can she give James her heart when it's no longer hers to give?

The Hearts We Sold is a Faustian tale for the modern age that will steal your heart and break it, and leave you begging for more. 

Not a lot coming out on the 8th, but yeah, it sounds really great and I can't wait to read it! What about you guys? Happy reading!

4 comments:

  1. There's just something about this book that doesn't hold my attention, and I wish I knew what it was! I hope you love it though, even if it's not for me! Here is my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually got a chance to read this one already, AND I LOVED IT. I gave it 5 stars. I really hope you love it when you get around to reading it :)
    Here is my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm glad that you enjoyed it, and I hope I do, too! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!