Saturday, June 3, 2017

Week 22 Review: Just Kill Me

From Goodreads:
From the author of Play Me Backwards and I Kissed a Zombie and I Liked It comes a dark comedy about one teen's unusual summer job as a ghost tour guide in Chicago.

Megan Henske isn't one to heed warnings…

When the last letters in her alphabet cereal are D, I, and E, she doesn't crawl right back into bed. When her online girlfriend won't text a photo, she just sends more of herself.

And when she realizes that Cynthia, her boss at a Chicago ghost tour company, isn't joking about making stops more haunted by killing people there, she doesn't quit her job—she may even help.

But who is responsible for the deaths of prominent figures in the murdermonger industry? Could it be the head of the rival tour company? Or could it be someone near and dear to Megan?

Soon after she learns that she has an uncanny resemblance to a flapper who disappeared in 1922, Megan receives a warning she can't ignore: the next ghost on the tour might be her… 

My Review:
This book was so awesome to read! I really enjoyed it, it was a dark funny, and there was a bit of a mystery, and it came together so well, it was such a great read! I really enjoyed reading about Megan and her smutty fan fic and ghost tours!

I don't think this book is for everyone. It's a little bit off, from the characters to the plot, like shocking people to death to create a ghost for their tours. But that off-ness is something that adds to this book, so if it's something that you enjoy, well, you'll really like this book!

There was a bit of a mystery to this book. Like who the girl she's communicating with is. Of the deaths of the rivals in the tour business. And the flapper of 1922. They were all separate elements, bu they were all really awesome to wonder about!

That ending! There was a bit of "I don't know what's going to happen next, the story isn't done!" I want to know what's going to happen next, and I won't, because this is a stand alone. Ah, well, the whole book was excellent and I'm greedy for wanting more!

Such a wonderful, creepy, amazing book! Really enjoyed it!

Author: Adam Selzer
Read: May 30th, 2017
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a SAC 2017 Book!
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Published: August 30th 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!