Saturday, June 10, 2017

Week 23 Review: Wildfire

From Goodreads:
Just when Nevada Baylor has finally come to accept the depths of her magical powers, she also realizes she's fallen in love. Connor "Mad" Rogan is in many ways her equal when it comes to magic, but she's completely out of her elements when it comes to her feelings for him. To make matters more complicated, an old flame comes back into Rogan's life…

Rogan knows there's nothing between him and his ex-fiance, Rynda Sherwood. But as Nevada begins to learn more about her past, her power, and her potential future, he knows she will be faced with choices she never dreamed of and the promise of a life spent without him.

As Nevada and Rogan race to discover the whereabouts of Rynda's kidnapped husband and are forced to confront Nevada's grandmother, who may or may not have evil motives, these two people must decide if they can trust in each other or allow everything to go up in smoke.

My Review:
I absolutely loved reading this book! With each book in this series, I've been so obsessed with reading it, just devouring each installment. I was checking to see if my request was approved every day for over a month, multiple times. And then I was approved, and it was so great! And I just had to read it right away, and post my review now, even though it's way earlier then requested. I couldn't help myself, I just had to read it!

Ilona and Gordon Andrews have stated that they would like to continue this series, that if it sells well, then Avon will most likely (hopefully) extend it, and if not, they'll self-pub. So either way, we'll get more. But I really hope that it sells well, because I'm a bit particular about my books, and I want them all to be the same-and I'll have 3 Avon paperbacks once this book comes out! Plus, I want the authors to be supported, and this amazing, wonderful book!

Ok, so far, this review hasn't been about the book. A lot is going on in this book, mainly Rynda's kidnapped husband. Rynda, as in, daughter of the bad guy killed at the end of White Hot. Rynda, as in Rogan's ex-fiance. Yeah, that Rynda. Which brings up a few issues for Nevada, and her relationship with Rogan!

What with the need to become a House due to an evil grandmother, we were introduced to some new characters, and landed in a situation where Nevada owes them. Which I can't wait to see how that'll play out, because who knows what they'll ask of her!

That ending! The tests to see if they qualify to become a house, and especially that epilogue! It doesn't come and and explicitly state who Caesar is, but you can make an educated guess given what they say. Gah!

Reading this book was a pure pleasure, and I need more books in this series!

Author: Ilona Andrews
Series: Hidden Legacy #3
Read: June 9th, 2017
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love their writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Avon
Expected Publication: July 25th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!