Saturday, January 12, 2019

Week 2 Reviews: The Last Wolf, Forever Wolf


From Goodreads:
For three days out of thirty, when the moon is full and her law is iron, the Great North Pack must be wild. 

If she returns to her Pack, the stranger will die. 
But if she stays...

Silver Nilsdottir is at the bottom of her Pack's social order, with little chance for a decent mate and a better life. Until the day a stranger stumbles into their territory, wounded and beaten, and Silver decides to risk everything on Tiberius Leveraux. But Tiberius isn't all he seems, and in the fragile balance of the Pack and wild, he may tip the destiny of all wolves...

From Goodreads:
Born with one blue eye and one green, Eyulf was abandoned as an infant and has never understood why, or what he is...Varya is fiercely loyal to the Great North Pack, which took her in when she was a teenager. While out on patrol, Varya finds Eyulf wounded and starving and saves his life, at great risk to her own.

Legend says his eyes portend the end of the world...or perhaps, the beginning...

With old and new enemies threatening the Great North, Varya knows as soon as she sees his eyes that she must keep Eyulf hidden away from the superstitious wolves who would doom them both. Until the day they must fight to the death for the Pack's survival, side by side and heart to heart...

My first review of The Last Wolf
My Review:
Oh, wow, I loved reading these books so much! The Last Wolf was a top favourite book of 2018, and I was really excited to read Forever Wolf! I'm not sure if the series is over now, since something I read said that this was a trilogy. I would love it if we could have more of this amazing series, though!

It was so great to read these books back to back, because Varya is in The Last Wolf, so is Elijah, so that brought everything closer together, you know? So nothing but positive thoughts about reading this series all together!

Being in Varya's head, we learn about her past. And why she's very law abiding, because she's seen what happens when humans hunt wolves. A big part of the book was the question of following the letter of the law, or the spirit.

The ending, wow, it was so intense! I don't know what else to say about it without spoiling it, because it can't be. It would be cruel to have it spoiled. One reason that I think Forever Wolf might be the last book besides what I read about this being a trilogy, is how it ended. So brace yourself for this ending! Hopefully I didn't spoil, and I didn't build it too low or too high in expectations.

I loved reading these books so much, they were both so incredible, and yeah, I can't wait to read more by Maria Vale, and I would love to have more of this series!

Author: Maria Vale
Series: The Legend of All Wolves #1, 3
First Read: February 6th, 2018
Read: January 11th, 11th, 2019
Source: Ebook.bike, NetGalley
Reason Why: Rereading, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Books! And Forever Wolf is a WoW Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Published: February 6th 2018
Expected Publication: March 26th 2019

The Last Wolf:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Forever Wolf:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!