Saturday, January 12, 2019

Week 2 Reviews: Tsumiku and the Enslaved Fox, Kimiko and the Accidental Proposal


From Goodreads:
Tsumiko inherits an ancestral home, a vast fortune, and a butler who isn't exactly human.

Humanity is rocked by the Emergence of a people who call themselves the Amaranthine. They are our myths and legends come to life. Neither human nor animal, yet embracing qualities of both, the inhuman races inspire both awe and fear. Every newsfeed is clogged with updates about the peace process, but some places don't concern themselves with worldly affairs. Like the girls' school run by Saint Midori's of the Heavenly Lights, where Tsumiko Hajime grew up. 

A letter from a long-lost aunt names Tsumiko heiress to an ancestral estate and its accompanying fortune. Only the legacy comes with an aloof heirloom: an inhuman butler. Argent has served the Hajime family for centuries, and Tsumiko must renew the generational bond or he'll die. Argent hates her for the hold she has over him, but he craves her soul almost as much as he craves his freedom. 

From Goodreads:
She wasn't aware of her gift's significance, yet he expects to be courted. 

Kimiko enrolls at the In-between's prestigious new high school, which is designed to promote the integration of the human and inhuman races. As a reaver, she's supposed to act as peacemaker, bridging a formidable cultural gap, but the other two members of her triad don't need any help in that department. Akira and Suuzu have been friends since middle school. Instead, the boys must rally behind Kimiko when she inadvertently initiates a courtship with Eloquence Starmark.

My first review of Tsumiku and the Enslaved Fox
My Review:
I absolutely loved reading these books! They were so enjoyable, and loved everything about them! They are a bit dense, with a lot going on, but so enjoyable to read! And for the first book, way easier to read, having already read it before, so I understood more and much easier then the first time!

The world of the Amaranthine is just so wonderfully crafted! I want to know every detail about it, and I can't wait to explore more of it in future books! I loved how one plotline from the first book-that "seed" that was in Tsumiku's brother, and the relationship that they have, that he doesn't fully understand. I think I know what was offered, what they truly have, but he doesn't, not yet!

One thing that I really love, is the hilarity that these books have. The first book is a bit more adult, given the ages of the characters, but the second one felt a bit more YA, and with the accidental proposal, yeah, it was just so freaking funny! I loved it!

These books have bad guys, but they're mostly offscreen. Well, besides that one fox lady. I think she might play a role in Accidental Proposal, given the "she" that was said. There was also the dragon who was going around killing the guys, and making the gals pregnant. I think one or both is connected to the kidnappings in Accidental Proposal. I can't wait to see things play out!

There was a bit of a cliffhanger ending with Accidental Proposal, that some pretty big info is revealed, and then it cuts to another character and wraps up some more plots. But we didn't see a reaction to that reveal, and I want to see it!

These books were so fantastic, and I can't wait to read more of this amazing and terrific series!

Author: Forthright
Series: Amaranthine Saga #1, 2
First Read: August 16th, 2018
Read: January 7th, 7th, 2019
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Rereading and reading more of this series now that it's out, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Books and Kimiko and the Accidental Proposal is a Sophomore Challenge Book!
Publisher: Twinkle Press
Published: February 22nd 2018, October 22nd 2018

Tsumiku and the Enslaved Fox:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Kimiko and the Accidental Proposal:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!