Saturday, January 26, 2019

Week 4 Review: Dead Ringer

From Goodreads:
A gripping thriller by Kate Kessler (author of the Audrey Harte novels), in which an FBI agent becomes entwined in a missing persons case that directly connects to a horrific event from her past.

Eighteen years ago, FBI Agent Rachel Ward's mirror twin, Hannah, was taken by the Gemini killer, a serial killer who delights in sending photos of his victims to their twins. Rachel assumes her sister has been dead for years, but she's never stopped hunting the monster who took her. Now, another twin has been taken, and when the case reopens, Rachel is assigned as an agent. But her relentless hunt for the killer may drive her to her breaking point.

My Review:
This was really fantastic to read! I loved all the twists and turns, and this book was so dark and well, twisted! I mean, the Gemini killer takes one twin, and then tortures the other twin with pictures of what he's doing to the one that he took. Which is pretty horrible, but that's not all he does!

Rachel has had it pretty tough. Because of Hannah being taken, because she was the one who was targeted which caused her mom to blame her. And she has some scars because of that, doesn't want to get close to anyone. And she's dogged with her belief in who the Gemini killer is, but nobody believes her.

I was a little surprised when about halfway through, Rachel was vindicated and the guy was charged. There was so much more book, so I didn't know what was going to happen next. But what happened really upped the stakes!

I kinda guessed that it was Hannah who was Anne, it just kinda made sense, plus we still knew that she was alive longer than Rachel had hoped for. But I didn't fully think things through, so it took some detective work on the parts of Rachel and co. to figure out all that had happened. I felt sorry for Hannah, she was in a horrible situation and she survived, but it changed her for the worse for everybody else, but for the better for her survival.

This book was so fantastic, and I enjoyed reading it so much!

Author: Kate Kessler
Read: January 22nd, 2019
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing, and it's a SAC 2019 Book!
Publisher: Redhook
Published: October 23rd 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!