Saturday, February 8, 2020

Week 6 Review: Storm Cursed

From Goodreads:
In this new instalment in the No. 1 New York Times bestselling series, Mercy Thompson must face a deadly enemy to defend all she loves . . . 

My name is Mercedes Athena Thompson Hauptman, and I am a car mechanic.

And a coyote shapeshifter . . . And the mate of the Alpha of the Columbia Basin werewolf pack.

Even so, none of that would have gotten me into trouble if, a few months ago, I hadn't stood upon a bridge and taken responsibility for the safety of the citizens who lived in our territory. It seemed like the thing to do at the time. It should have only involved hunting down killer goblins, zombie goats, and an occasional troll. Instead, our home was viewed as neutral ground, a place where humans would feel safe to come and treat with the fae.

The reality is that nothing and no one is safe. As generals and politicians face off with the Gray Lords of the fae, a storm is coming and her name is Death.

But we are pack, and we have given our word. We will die to keep it.

My first review of Storm Cursed
My second review of Storm Cursed
My Review:
Yeah, just wow. I love this book so much, and I had to read it again, Smoke Bitten is coming out soon, and while I'd read this book twice already, that was last year. So yeah, I had to read it again, since I just got my copy, this made for perfect timing!

I think I'm going to need a reread of this series, because this book brings in a lot of the events from the previous series, to see just how much the Harvesty witches have been affecting Mercy's life these past 4 years. Like Frost.

Then there's the whole government and the Grey Lords meeting. That's probably going to have a huge impact on the world, and given that Smoke Bitten deals with a fae threat, well, that's going to be interesting to read!

One small thing that might be bigger, was that Larry gave the goblin secret to Mercy, because in the future, having had given that secret, the goblins just might survive the coming century. That's pretty interesting, and I can't wait to see it play out, though who knows how many books away that might be, it might be in Smoke Bitten, or it might be the second last book in the series which has to be at least 10 books away!

Loved this book so much, again, and I'm so excited to read more!

Author: Patricia Briggs
Series: Mercy Thompson #11
First Read: March 26th, 2019
Second Read: April 22nd, 2019
Read: February 6th, 2020
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Rereading because Smoke Bitten is coming out soon, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Ace
Published: May 7th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!