Saturday, February 29, 2020

Week 9 Review: The Shadows Between Us

From Goodreads:
Alessandra is tired of being overlooked, but she has a plan to gain power:

1) Woo the Shadow King.
2) Marry him.
3) Kill him and take his kingdom for herself.

No one knows the extent of the freshly crowned Shadow King's power. Some say he can command the shadows that swirl around him to do his bidding. Others say they speak to him, whispering the thoughts of his enemies. Regardless, Alessandra knows what she deserves, and she's going to do everything within her power to get it.

But Alessandra's not the only one trying to kill the king. As attempts on his life are made, she finds herself trying to keep him alive long enough for him to make her his queen—all while struggling not to lose her heart. After all, who better for a Shadow King than a cunning, villainous queen?

My Review:
This book was dark and fantastic, and I enjoyed it so much! The synopsis had me captivated, and I just couldn't want to see how it all played out, and yeah, it was such a ride, and I enjoyed this book immensely!

Both Alessandra and Kallias are dark and a bit twisted. While writing this review, I found out that the author wrote this as her Slytherin romance, and that's a perfect explanation, because these two aren't the heroes, they make morally questionable decisions, and I loved reading it!

My modern sensibilities were oscillated between being thrilled and horrified. Like Alessandra's against all the customs that say women are basically possessions, they don't think, they don't have their own voice. But then there's how brutal the kingdom was. There's this one scene where there's a robbery. And all the guards are killed for failing in their duty. I could see punishment, but death? Bah!

How it all came together, well, Alessandra is smart and she is decisive, and really made that ending! She could've done nothing, but the changes that her character when through in this book, falling in love again, well, made for an excellent ending!

Loved this book, and I'm going to have to read more of Tricia Levenseller's books!

Author: Tricia Levenseller
Read: February 25th, 2020
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: It sounded fantastic, and it's a SAC 2020 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Published: February 25th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!