Saturday, May 2, 2020

Week 18 Review: Archangel's War

From Goodreads:
Wings of silver. Wings of blue. Mortal heart. Broken dreams. Shatter. Shatter. Shatter. A sundering. A grave. I see the end. I see. . .

The world is in chaos as the power surge of the Cascade rises to a devastating crescendo. In furiously resisting its attempts to turn Elena into a vessel for Raphael's power, Elena and her archangel are irrevocably changed. . .far beyond the prophecy of a cursed Ancient.

At the same time, violent and eerie events around the world threaten to wipe out entire populations. And in the Archangel Lijuan's former territory, an unnatural fog weaves through the land, leaving only a bone-chilling silence in its wake. Soon it becomes clear that even the archangels are not immune to this deadly evil. This time, even the combined power of the Cadre may not be enough. . .

This war could end them all. 

My first review of Archangel's War
My Review:
I twas really fantastic to reread this book! Especially since we now know who is staring in the next book, Archangel's Sun-Titus and the Hummingbird aka Sharine, who both had significant things happen in this book. Titus, that he killed his longtime enemy, and Sharine, that the father of her child woke up. Yeah.

So much happens in this book. So many moments with important details, but they were small little one liners, and that was so much of this book. A lot happened, given that we started off after the evil ending of Prophecy. This book is just so freaking fantastic!

That ending, yeah, I forgot how they won, just that they did. And there was a huge cost, the Legion, so many Archangels are done, even after so many woke up. But they figured out what it means to be a mirror, and in the end, that they're growers, builders, and that was fantastic!

One thing that I'm wondering about, is that this is the end of the Cascade. So any future Elena and Raphael books, well, they've defeated the big bad for good, so any books staring them, it'll feel a bit weird, like they faced off this big bad, so they should be able to handle the small bads, you know? And between Legion and War doesn't count, because while they defeated her, Lijuan was still around, and now she's not.

This book was utterly amazing, I enjoyed it so much, and I can't wait for more!

Author: Nalini Singh
Series: Guild Hunter #12
First Read: September 4th, 2019
Read: April 25th, 2020
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Berkley
Published: September 24th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!