Saturday, May 2, 2020

Week 18 Review: Don't Call the Wolf

From Goodreads:
A forest, besieged. A queen, unyielding. Fans of Leigh Bardugo and Holly Black will devour this deliciously dark Eastern European–inspired YA fantasy debut.

When the Golden Dragon descended on the forest of Kamiena, a horde of monsters followed in its wake.

Ren, the forest's young queen, is slowly losing her battle against them. Until she rescues Lukasz—the last survivor of a heroic regiment of dragon slayers—and they strike a deal. She will help him find his brother, who vanished into her forest… if Lukasz promises to slay the Dragon.

But promises are all too easily broken. 

My Review:
This book was pretty awesome to read. I really enjoyed this world, of evil growing in one area, and of dragons and monsters and humans and animals, it just was so fascinating to read! Plus Ren and Lukasz were both intriguing characters, past, present and future!

One thing that I really enjoyed, was that in-between chapters, we'd get the story of Lukasz's brothers going back to the mountain, one by one. The time just before they left, and then they'd go. So we kinda got to see him grow up, and how he became the person he is today, and that was great reading!

I was worried about the promises broken thing mentioned in the synopsis. We were in both of their heads, so knowing what they were both thinking, I was worried about how that would all go down. It wasn't as bad as I worried, because I always have the black pit that the worst thing ever will happen, but there was also a lot of other things going on.

That ending, oh! That was unexpected, and it came together so very well! Ren was everything she needed to be and more, and I'm glad that besides that one hurt in the end, and the 2 hurts in the middle, everything worked out satisfactorily.

Really enjoyed reading this book, it was a brilliant read, and I can't wait to see what Aleksandra Ross writes next!

Author: Aleksandra Ross
Read: April 26th, 2020
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a DAC Book, SAC 2020 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: April 28th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!