Saturday, June 19, 2021

Week 24 Review: Bottle Demon

From Goodreads:
The sixth book of this dark urban fantasy series follows necromancer Eric Carter through a world of vengeful gods and goddesses, mysterious murders, and restless ghosts.

The Necromancer is dead. Long live the Necromancer.

After being attacked by a demon in the one place he thought he was safe, Eric Carter has been killed, his soul sent to take its place as a stand-in for the Aztec god of death Mictlantecuhtli. But somebody on Earth isn't done with him, yet. Somebody with the power to bring him back from the dead. He doesn't know who, and worse he doesn't know why.

Between an angry death goddess, family secrets steeped in blood, a Djinn who's biding his time, and a killer mage who can create copy after copy of himself, Eric's new life looks to be just as violent as his last one. But if he doesn't get to the bottom of why he's back, it's going to be a hell of a lot shorter. 

My Review:
I enjoyed reading this book OF course I did, I loved the previous installments, so I knew I would love this one. Especially after that evil cliffhanger ending of the previous book. And I was really excited to see how all of that came about!

The big mystery at the beginning, is what happened to Eric, why he's back from the dead. So that was an interesting mystery, which warred with need to know what happened to Darius's bottle. And then there's the stuff with the mage mentioned in the synopsis, which caused quite a pickle! 

One thing that I loved about this book was it was the one that finally tied into City of the Lost, with Joe being a character in this book. So I guess that it's high time that I actually read that! Hopefully I'll read it this month, while the details are fresh! 

This book gave us a lot of answers, and a lot of closure. Maybe it's not the happiest, but it's satisfying, and it's over. At least, it seems to be! And I can't wait to see where things are going to be going, because they've been built up over the course of this series! I need to know where it's going to go from here! 

This was a fantastic read, and I can't wait for the next in the series! 

Author: Stephen Blackmoore
Series: Eric Carter #6
Read: June 16th, 2021
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love his writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: DAW Books
Published: April 27th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!