Wednesday, June 30, 2021

TBR Trail #2, July 2021

I'm playing TBR Trail again, thanks to Kim from Expedition Through Pages

The rolls I got were:
STEM - Read a Book With a Dark Cover

I found 3 choices that have dark colours on them, but aren't fully dark. I'd love to read either of them, maybe both! 

The Darkness Outside Us by Eliot Schrefer-This cover does have white and pink, but mainly darker colours from the background. 

or

Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir-This cover is half black, half yellow, so it does kinda work!

or 

Cold Falling White by G. S. Prendergast - This cover is dark to lighter green and black, with a bit of light, so it's the one that fits the most. 

2021 TBR - Random Genre - Contemporary 

I'm classing contemporary as a book set in the present day, with no supernatural elements. Which is why I chose this read

The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett by Chelsea Sedoti

Because it is a YA mystery, so it does work! 

Free Choice - Read a Book from the Gilmore Girls Reading Challenge 

I took a browse through the list, and this is the one that caught my eye! 

Carrie by Stephen King

I've kinda wanted to try Stephen King for a while, I've seen movies and tv shows based off his books, so it's high time I read one of his books! 

Fiction - Read a Book in a Genre You Do not Usually Read 

I didn't want to go the same route for this prompt that I've done in the past month, so I decided to go with a book that I recently bought, that is definitely not in a genre I usually read! 

Piranesi by Susanna Clarke

This is shelved with literary fiction, which is not something I gravitate towards, and I do own it, so it'd be great to read it, and then pack it before I move, because it's currently on the TBR cart! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!