Saturday, June 19, 2021

Week 24 Review: Undone

From Goodreads:
Once she was Cassiel, a Djinn of limitless power. Now, she has been reshaped in human flesh as punishment for defying her master—and living among the Weather Wardens, whose power she must tap into regularly or she will die. And as she copes with the emotions and frailties of her human condition, a malevolent entity threatens her new existence...

My Review:
Oh, this book was such a fantastic read! I love this world from the Weather Warden series, and it was so great to explore it from Cassiel's perspective! Which was pretty unique, given that she was a Djinn who hadn't been human first, and is now basically a human, but needing to be connected to a Warden to live. Yeah.

Cassiel was such a wonderful character to read about! She has no understanding of what it means to be human, and it's a rough transition. All I wanted to know, was what she refused to do, that caused her to be punished like that. Writing this review now after I've read the whole series, I'm not sure if we find out in this book or not, but oh, was it a shocker! 

Getting to know this new cast of characters was really fantastic! Luis in particular, the powerful reformed bad boy. It was really great to see this world at a smaller power scale, what it's like for those who aren't in love with a Djinn and don't have access to the big guns. 

This doesn't has as high stakes as the Weather Warden has built up to. It does get pretty close in the end, but they are happening at roughly the same time, so what's going on there makes what's going on in this book worse. And I loved watching it unfold! 

This was a really fantastic read, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Rachel Caine
Series: Outcast Season #1
Read:  June 18th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing and this world, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book!
Publisher: Roc
Published: December 17th 2008
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!