Saturday, June 26, 2021

Week 25 Review: The Wrath & the Dawn

From Goodreads:
Khalid, the Caliph, takes a new bride each night only to have her executed at sunrise. So it is a suspicious surprise when Shahrzad volunteers to marry Khalid. However, Shahrzad has a clever plan - not only to stay alive - but to end the murderous King's reign of terror once and for all. (A reimagining of 1001 Nights based on the YA novel by Renee Ahdieh.)

My Review:
I had a really great time reading this webtoon! I really enjoyed the prose novel series, so I had to see what this one was about! There are some changes, but it is a different format, and they didn't really change the story, and I love the story!

It was really great to see this story in webtoon format-I'm not a visual person, when I'm reading, I don't really imagine the characters or their environments. And the environments that this is set in is lush, with some pretty amazing designs, and was so pretty to read! 

The one big change that I noticed was that we got to see that how Tariq and how he built his alliances changed. The added plotline about the son was really great-until the end, and that change with Shahrzad's dad. So that sucked, and made his actions even worse! 

There was also the fact that Shahrzad was seeing Shiva, and the question was if she was really seeing her, or if Shahrzad was going crazy. It helped build the magic that is a part of this world, so I really enjoyed getting that! It also let Shahrzad grief a bit for her friend, which was needed.

This was a really great read, and I can't wait for the rest of the series to be adapted! 

Author: Renée Ahdieh, Illustrated by SilvesterVitale 
Read: June 19th, 2021
Source: Webtoons
Reason Why: Love the books, and so I had to read this version! And it's a 2021 Retelling Reading Challenge Book, Historical Fiction 2021 Book, SAC 2021 Book! 
Publisher: Webtoon
Published: November 4th 2019 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!