Saturday, October 16, 2021

Week 41 Reviews: The Darkest Fire, The Darkest Night


From Goodreads:
He is the guardian of hell, more monster than man. She is the goddess of oppression, more angel than woman. Together they will enter the flames to battle a dangerous horde of demon lords -- and discover a passion unlike any other....

From Goodreads:
His powers - Inhuman...

His passion - Beyond immortal... 

All her life, Ashlyn Darrow has been tormented by voices from the past. To end the nightmare, she has come to Budapest seeking help from men rumored to have supernatural abilities, not knowing she'll be swept into the arms of Maddox, their most dangerous member -- a man trapped in a hell of his own.

Neither can resist the instant hunger than calms their torments... and ignites an irresistible passion. But every heated touch and burning kiss will edge them closer to destruction -- and a soul-shattering test of love...

Though they carry an eternal curse, the Lords of the Underworld are irresistibly seductive -- and unimaginably powerful...

My first review of The Darkest Fire, The Darkest Night
My Review:
I love reading this series! I remember when I picked the first 3 books in the series up, because I was going to see a orchestra concert for school, and there was a bookstore there, and I picked up the first 3 books, because they'd come out pretty much back to back. This series is probably the one that Gena Showalter is most known for now, and it's the longest at this point and time! 

The Darkest Fire is a hard story to read. I know it's going to end with her bones becoming the box that the demons are put into. So watching those two fall in love, knowing that it's not going to end well, it's a hard story. I mean, there's hope for a better ending, but I don't remember if they're mentioned again, so the chances of that are low. 

I love Maddox and Ashlyn's story, they're the ones who kick off this world, really, introduce us to this cast of characters, to this world as it currently stands! I really enjoy their romance, and how he helps her with her voices, and she helps him with his curse! 

The Darkest Night kicks off a lot of the plot lines for this book, from introducing Anya, to Danika and that the Titans want her and her family dead, and for Aeron to do it. I know where their stories are going, and I can't wait to read them! 

I love these stories, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Gena Showalter
Series: Lords of the Underworld #0.5, 1
First  Read: 2008, 2008
Second Read: August 3rd, 2013, May 15th, 2013
Read: October 11th, 11th, 2021
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Books!
Publisher: HQN Books, HQN
Published:  January 1st 2008, May 3rd 2008

The Darkest Fire:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








The Darkest Night:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!