Monday, October 18, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading #541, October 18th

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week...and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well...you never know where that next "must read" book will come from!
What happened in the past week:

Weekly Memes:
It's Monday! What Are You Reading #540
Teaser Tuesday #548
WWW Wednesday #548
WOW #544
Will the Time Come #541
Third Sentence Thursday #531
Random Reads #517
First Lines Friday #544
Book Blogger Hop #210
The Reward Challenge Update #526
Wheel of TBR #73
How Well I Stuck to It #378
Wrote that Review Update #376

Week 41 Reviews:
Uprooted


Becca's BookoplAthon: 

Page-a-Thon: 
Update 21 

Random:

OK, so I got 55 posts in 7 days, and it was a pretty fantastic week, lots of great books read, and I'm very happy about that! Can't wait for next week! What about you guys? Happy reading!

So this week I want to read Shadow in the Ember.

The Flesh and Fire series is set in the beloved Blood and Ash world.

Born shrouded in the veil of the Primals, a Maiden as the Fates promised, Seraphena Mierel's future has never been hers. Chosen before birth to uphold the desperate deal her ancestor struck to save his people, Sera must leave behind her life and offer herself to the Primal of Death as his Consort.

However, Sera's real destiny is the most closely guarded secret in all of Lasania—she's not the well protected Maiden but an assassin with one mission—one target. Make the Primal of Death fall in love, become his weakness, and then…end him. If she fails, she dooms her kingdom to a slow demise at the hands of the Rot.

Sera has always known what she is. Chosen. Consort. Assassin. Weapon. A specter never fully formed yet drenched in blood. A monster. Until him. Until the Primal of Death's unexpected words and deeds chase away the darkness gathering inside her. And his seductive touch ignites a passion she's never allowed herself to feel and cannot feel for him. But Sera has never had a choice. Either way, her life is forfeit—it always has been, as she has been forever touched by Life and Death.

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy, I've never read Jennifer Armentrout but I hear she writes a good book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And she does to me! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. I've never read Jennifer Armentrout which is odd since she writes in a genre I enjoy. I'll have to give her a try. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy if and when you do read any of her books! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. I hae never read any Jennifer Armentrout but I have several friends that count down days till her next book.!

    Here is my link:
    https://twogirlsandtheirbookishlife.blogspot.com/2021/10/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_18.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love her books! And she has so many to read! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!