Sunday, October 17, 2021

Wheel of TBR #73, October 17th

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR. So thanks to her! I'll only do 3 spins, because I'm doing this every week, and so it won't make up my total TBR of the week, but it'll be a start!

Rules:
1. For each week of the month, I'll do 3 spins each week to read each week though I do have the rest of the month to read them. Once a prompt is used, I'll randomly choose one from the list, keeping track of how often a colour comes up. If colour comes up 2 or more times in a 2 weeks, I'll do another spin once it comes up 2 times.
2. If I don't read a book that week or at least start it before the end of the month, then for my next week of spins, I have to add a punishment for each book unread. I'll roll for each unread book, and have to apply each and every punishment chosen to the week.
3. Each month I'll get a prompt from my Binge Read Wheel (either specifically picking the prompt, or spinning the wheel) and I have to read at least 9 books, though I can read more!

Of the books from the last week, I read The Forbidden by Heather Graham, Sunreach by Brandon Sanderson and Janci Patterson, We Can Be Heroes by Kyrie McCauley, and I started A Perfect Evil by Alex Kava.

Binge Read Wheel:
For this month, I spun the wheel, and it gave me Reread. I read The Darkest Fire by Gena Showalter, The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter, Storm Glass by Maria V. Snyder, Sea Glass by Maria V. Snyder, Spy Glass by Maria V. Snyder, The Empress by S.J. Kincaid, so I've read 14/9+.

Prompts Used This Week:
Mixed Reviews, Reading Challenge, A-Z End Title, My Initials.

Mixed Reviews-Rose-Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade by Diana Gabaldon-This book had about 1/3 of the reviews were 3 stars or less, which means that 2/3rds were 4 or 5 stars, so that's pretty mixed/

Reading Challenge-Green-A Shadow in the Ember by Jennifer L. Armentrout-This book I can read for Magical Readathon for building one of my character's profile!  

A-Z End Title-Cyan-S-The Darkest Kiss by Gena Showalter-Kiss ends with S so that works! 

Bonus Spin For Rose-My Initials-Yellow-Shadow Study by Maria V. Snyder-M for Michelle and Maria, so that works! 

Colour Totals:
Red: 0
Orange: 0
Yellow: 1
Chartreuse: 0 
Green: 1
Spring Green: 1
Cyan: 1
Azure: 0
Blue: 2
Violet: 0
Magenta: 0
Rose: 2

Prompts for Next Week:
Shelf-Red
Reading Challenge Prompt-Orange
One Word Title-Yellow
Wild Card-Chartreuse
Genre-Green
Blind-Spring Green
Representation-Cyan
Narrator As Last Read-Azure
Month-Blue
Trope-Violet
Reread-Magenta
Mood Read-Rose

So those are some of the books I'm going to try to read this week. What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!