Saturday, March 5, 2022

Week 9 Review: The Darkest Pleasure

From Goodreads:
Reyes is a man possessed. Bound by the demon of pain, he is forbidden to know pleasure. Yet he craves a mortal woman, Danika Ford, more than breath and will do anything to claim her--even defy the gods.

Danika is on the run. For months she's eluded the Lords of the Underworld, immortal warriors who won't rest until she and her family have been destroyed. But her dreams are haunted by Reyes, the warrior whose searing touch she can't forget. Yet a future together could mean death to all they both hold dear...

My first review of The Darkest Pleasure
My Review:
I loved reading this book again! I love reading about this world, but it's been a while since I last read Danika and Reye's story, and I had a great time following along with them again! I love what she adds to the world, and the happiness that they work together to share! 

I knew that Danika was the All-Seeing Eye, the 2nd of the artifacts needed to find Pandora's box. But I'd forgotten so much, like how that helps her relationship with Reyes, and the role that the Hunters played in this book.

This is the book that introduces 3 major characters-Gilly, Galen, and Legion. They're all going to play such big parts in this series, and this is the first book that we met them in, and I'm so excited to watch how their stories progress from here!

I really enjoyed how Danika and Reyes worked out, given that she is the All-Seeing Eye, and how things ended with the Hunters, with her family, and with Cronus, and with Paris's story. Almost everything is happy, but Paris won't have things go his way until his story, which is near the middle of the series. Sorry! Can't wait to reread about your future pain! But you'll find that happiness!

This was  really great read, and I can't wait to continue my reread! 

Author: Gena Showalter
Series: Lords of the Underworld #3
First Read: May 27th, 2013
Read: February 27th, 2022
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book!
Publisher: HQN
Published: January 1st 2008
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!