Saturday, March 5, 2022

Week 9 Review: Promise of Shadows

From Goodreads:
Zephyr Mourning has never been very good at being a Harpy. She'd rather watch reality TV than learn forty-seven ways to kill a man, and she pretty much sucks at wielding magic. Zephyr was ready for a future pretending to be a normal human instead of a half-god assassin. But all that changes when her sister is murdered—and she uses a forbidden dark power to save herself from the same fate.

Zephyr is on the run from a punishment worse than death when an unexpected reunion with a childhood friend (a surprisingly HOT friend) changes everything. Because it seems like Zephyr might just be the Nyx, a dark goddess made flesh that is prophesied to change the power balance. For hundreds of years the half-gods have lived in fear, and Zephyr is supposed to change that.

But how is she supposed to save everyone when she can't even save herself?

My first review of Promise of Shadows
My Review:
I loved reading this book again! It was basically like reading it for the first time since it as been 8 years since I first read it, and I've read thousands of books since then. I really enjoyed Zephyr's story, Zephyr who just doesn't fit in with the other Harpies, who thinks she's a failure. Loved her story so much!

I love her journey, of thinking the worst of herself, to finding that strength in her, her power. I love the group of people she has around her, who supports her-Cassie was the best, and I wish I hadn't forgotten what happened to her, because that hurt!

I really enjoyed watching as things progressed and the stakes increases and the pressure got more intense. This group didn't always get along but they did get things done! I loved her relationship Tallon, and how they were childhood friends who have an...interesting relationship now.

I just love that ending, that Zephyr had come into her own, and was able to defeat Hera. Though that conclusion of the ending, I wish we could've gotten a few more details to wrap it up! With the romance, with what's going to happen next. But overall it was a really great ending!  

This was a fantastic read, and again, I would love if we could spend more time in this world! 

Author: Justina Ireland
First Read: July 26th, 2014
Read: February 28th, 2022
Source: Own
Reason Why: Loved her first book, and it's a SAC 2022 Book and a Sophomore Challenge Book!
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Published: March 11th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!