Saturday, July 9, 2022

Week 27 Review: Killing Time

From Goodreads:
Summer in Ferry, Connecticut, has always meant long, lazy days at the beach and wild nights partying in the abandoned mansions on the edge of town. Until now, that is.
 
Natalie Temple, who's never been one for beaches or parties in the first place, is reeling from the murder of her favorite teacher, and there's no way this true-crime-obsessed girl is going to sit back and let the rumor mill churn out lie after lie—even if she has to hide her investigation from her disapproving mom and team up with the new boy in town…
 
But the more Natalie uncovers, the more she realizes some secrets were never meant to be told. 

"Expertly-plotted and brimming with suspense, Killing Time is more than just a mystery. It's a thoughtful novel about true crime stories and how we tell them.

My Review:
This was a pretty great book, I enjoyed the mystery, and the way this story was told, alternating between the past and the present-I just had to know why, and how they were connected! And oh, what a story it was! 

I didn't like Natalie very much, she just rubbed me the wrong way, I think, and the way she went about investigating, well, she just graduated high school, and it didn't feel like it. And sure, a good deal of that is that her mom kept her sheltered, but it was a bit annoying.

It's weird, but the past timeline was the one that I enjoyed the most, but it was the one that gave me the most anxiety, with her being a journalist, and the situations that she was getting into. But I needed to know what was going on! 

And that ending? I had such a great time with those twists, and finding out who the killer was, as well as that big reveal in the past. It made sense, and it explained why certain characters acted the way that they did. Though it was all just really sad! 

I had a decent time with this book, and I'll have to see what Brenna Ehrlich writes next! 

Author: Brenna Ehrlich
Read: July 2nd, 2022 
Source: Edelweiss/Library
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a SAC 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Inkyard Press
Published: March 8th 2022
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!