Saturday, July 9, 2022

Week 27 Review: Shadow & Flame

From Goodreads:
From acclaimed author Mindee Arnett comes the thrilling conclusion of the stunningly epic, action-packed, and romantic fantasy adventure about a powerful girl possessed of strange magic, the outcast prince she loves, and the kingdom that has torn them apart.

Kate and Corwin are on the run, desperate for allies in a new world of war among the kingdoms of Rime. As the book opens, Kate suffers a massive loss, one that will shape the struggle for freedom of all wilders and magic folk—that is, if Kate can learn to control her own power. 


My Review:
Man, this was such a fantastic read! I loved being back in this world and with these characters again! The ending of the first book was so epic and evil, and I wish I'd read this one as soon as I could, because oh, did I forget a lot! But I had a fantastic time reading this book!

That prologue was just evil! Like, so many changes right out the gate, and some pretty devastating ones. The worst being Corwin, but we quickly learn that he didn't die-but Kate spends a year thinking that he did, which was hard. And apparently a war was fought and won for wilders, but things with Edwin are not great. I just couldn't put it down! 

Corwin's story in Seva was pretty interesting to read, to get the history and the politics of the country. Through it was completely awful that he was under Garvril's sway. And there was the whole thing with Princess Eravis and the politics there were complicated, and I'm so glad that they went with the solution that I was thinking of! 

I wasn't sure how the story was going to come together, there were a lot of moving parts, but once the invasion happened, well, a lot happened, very quickly, and I loved watching it all unfold from there! We learned a lot, and a lot happened, and it was so entertaining to read! 

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to read more by Mindee Arnett! 

Author: Mindee Arnett
Series: Rime Chronicles #2
Read: July 8th, 2022
Source: Bought/Library
Reason Why: Love her writing and the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book, RR Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Published: June 4th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!