Saturday, August 6, 2022

Week 31 Review: Breaking Time

From Goodreads:
Fate brought them together. Time will tear them apart.

When a mysterious Scotsman appears out of nowhere in the middle of the road, Klara thinks the biggest problem is whether she hit him with her car. But, as impossible as it sounds, Callum has stepped out of another time, and it's just the beginning of a deadly adventure. 
 
Klara will soon learn that she is the last Pillar of Time—an anchor point in the timeline of the world and a hiding place for a rogue goddess's magic. Callum is fated to protect her at all costs. A dark force is hunting for the Pillars, to claim the power of the goddess—and Klara and Callum are the only two standing in the way. Thrown together by fate, the two have to learn to trust one another and work together…but they'll need to protect their hearts from one another if they're going to survive. 

My Review:
I had a really decent reading this book, time travel books are always a fun read, and I was interested to see what the particulars were going to be in this world, and these were really great characters to read about! 

I'm a bit conflicted. On one hand, I had a decent time with this book. There were flaws, as a time travel romance there were some not so great decisions made. But on the other, I've learned that Sasha Alsberg is controversial, that it looks like she sold ARC's and faked another author's signature. And it doesn't feel great to support an author who did that. 

That it's basically a YA outlander book, but the past coming the present, sounded like a pretty great idea. I enjoyed this world of Celtic mythology, and Pillars of Time, it was an interesting idea, and I had a good time reading it.

The romance, very insta-love, but I did like this pair and their relationship together. There were a bunch of complications, but they worked through them. Since they were also dealing with the bad guys, well, it kept them on their toes! 

I had a pretty good time with this book, but oh, I have mixed feelings about it!  

Author: Sasha Alsberg
Read: August 3rd, 2022
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded good, and I enjoyed her other books, and it's a Historical Fiction 2022 Book, SAC 2022 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Inkyard Press
Published: June 14th 2022
5/5 Hearts
0/5 Books
1/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!