Saturday, August 6, 2022

Week 31 Review: My Plan Jane

From Goodreads:
You may think you know the story. After a miserable childhood, penniless orphan Jane Eyre embarks on a new life as a governess at Thornfield Hall. There, she meets one dark, brooding Mr. Rochester. Despite their significant age gap (!) and his uneven temper (!!), they fall in love—and, Reader, she marries him. (!!!)

Or does she?

Prepare for an adventure of Gothic proportions, in which all is not as it seems, a certain gentleman is hiding more than skeletons in his closets, and one orphan Jane Eyre, aspiring author Charlotte Brontë, and supernatural investigator Alexander Blackwood are about to be drawn together on the most epic ghost hunt this side of Wuthering Heights. 

My first review of My Plain Jane
My Review:
I had such a great time rereading this book! I love this series and this author trio, and book 2 in the Mary series is coming out soon, and I had to reread this one, even if it's not set in the same world like My Lady Jane and My Contrary Mary were. It could be, but I can't wait to find out!

I remembered some parts of this book, like some of the secrets that were hidden from Alexander. But almost all of the rest of the book was a blank. It has been over 4 years since I first read it, so I'm really glad that I was prompted to reread it! 

The pop culture references were awesome! The Princess Bride bit with the "you killed my father, prepare to die" and Ghostbusters-given what the Society for the Relocation of Wayward Spirits does, was very fitting. So that was a lot of fun to read! 

With the plots of Jane and Mr. Rochester, and Alexander and Charlotte dealing with the society, there was a lot going on, and I really enjoyed being in all three of these characters heads, as they learn more about ghosts, and the secrets that people were keeping! I loved how it all came together, espcailly in the end, with the family stuff! 

Loved rereading this book, and I can't wait to read My Imaginary Mary! 

Authors: Brodi Ashton, Cynthia Hand, and Jodi Meadows
Series: The Lady Janies #2
First Read: January 26th, 2018
Read: July 30th, 2022
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading, and it's a 2022 Retelling Reading Challenge Book, Historical Fiction 2022 Book, and Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: June 26th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!