Saturday, August 6, 2022

Week 31 Review: The Library of Lost Things

From Goodreads:
From the moment she first learned to read, literary genius Darcy Wells has spent most of her time living in the worlds of her books. There, she can avoid the crushing reality of her mother's hoarding and pretend her life is simply ordinary. But when a new property manager becomes more active in the upkeep of their apartment complex, the only home Darcy has ever known outside of her books suddenly hangs in the balance.

While Darcy is struggling to survive beneath the weight of her mother's compulsive shopping, Asher Fleet, a former teen pilot with an unexpectedly shattered future, walks into the bookstore where she works…and straight into her heart. For the first time in her life, Darcy can't seem to find the right words. Fairy tales are one thing, but real love makes her want to hide inside her carefully constructed ink-and-paper bomb shelter.

Still, after spending her whole life keeping people out, something about Asher makes Darcy want to open up. But securing her own happily-ever-after will mean she'll need to stop hiding and start living her own truth—even if it's messy.

My Review:
Oh,, this was a really great read! I was a little intimidated by this book, I don't read a lot of contemporary, but I had a good time reading Darcy's struggle, dealing with her mom. Plus it has a bookish word in the title, so I had to read it!

I don't know what I feel about this cover. I mean, it's about a book lover, and there's books surrounding the title, and books are always great. But then they're illustrated, and it's a simple look. The colours are nice thought. I just don't know! 

Darcy is keeping her home life a secret. Her mom is a compulsive shopper, and she's a hoarder, and their apartment is full to bursting. Which is not a good living situation, and it has her stressed, because there's a new property manager, who may causes problems for them, or might not. It's the unknown, and it's scary. 

There were two main relationships in this book (besides the mother daughter one). That of romance between Darcy and Asher, and the friendship between Darcy and Marisol. They both play a big part in her life, and I'm glad that she had these connections! 

This was a really great read, and I'd love to read more by Laura Taylor Namey! 

Author: Laura Taylor Namey
Read: July 30th, 2022
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a DAC Book and a SAC 2022 Book!
Publisher: Inkyard Press
Published: October 8th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!