Saturday, August 6, 2022

Week 31 Reviews: Saga #59, Saga #60


From Goodreads:
What the hell does this fish have to do with the people who want Hazel dead? Find out this May as the strangest epic in comics continues—somehow still only 2.99!

From Goodreads:
Will the landmark sixtieth issue of SAGA end with triumph or tragedy for Hazel and her family? This may be a "season finale" of SAGA, but the most emotional series in comics is only getting started!

My Review:
Oh, it was really great to read these issues! I love this comic and this world, and this story, and I had a great time with these latest two installments! It's strange after binging the first half of this series, and now getting these installments individually, they seem so short in comparison, though I know logically they're about the same length. But now I'm invested, and want more! 

The plot with the secret agent guy who's the next in line to hunt Hazel and her family, oh, the story there! That poor fish! It didn't deserve what it got! And it has my anxious for what's to come next, since #60 dealt with other things.

This series just loves to play on the heartstrings. The end of 59 was an awkward shock, and the end of 60 was a heartbreaking shock. I need to know what's going to happen next, but alas, we're at the season finale, so there's going to be a wait! 

I still have some pretty big questions, about what happened in the time between issues 54 and 55, but we do still have like 48 more issues left to go, so there's plenty of time to get those answers. It's just that the wait is just horrible! 

Really enjoyed reading these, and the wait for the next season to start in January is going to be evil! 

Author: Brian K. Vaughn, Illustrated by Fiona Staples 
Series: Saga Single Issues #59, 60
Read: July 31st, 31st, 2022
Source: Online
Reason Why: Love this series, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Books! 
Publisher: Image Comics
Published: May 25th 2022, July 6th 2022

Saga #59:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Saga #60: 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!