Saturday, August 13, 2022

Week 32 Review: Dare You to Lie

From Goodreads:
When her FBI agent father is framed for murder, Kylene is forced to move in with her grandfather, back to the small town that turned its back on her, and the boy who betrayed her.

All Ky cares about is clearing her father's name, but someone won't let her forget the photo scandal that drove her away two years ago. As the threats gain momentum, Ky finds an unlikely ally in the rookie FBI agent sent to keep an eye on her.

Determined to expose the town's hidden skeletons, Ky unwittingly thrusts herself into a much bigger plot. They thought she'd forgive and forget. They're about to learn they messed with the wrong girl.

My Review:
I had a fantastic time reading this book! Ky was such a badass main character, she had a huge sense of justice, and couldn't let things stand if they were unfair. I loved her story, the mystery of what happened to her 2 years ago, and the group of friends she had! It was so great!

Ky is a tough cookie. She's combative, and she wants to prove her father's innocence. But that's a little difficult, given that he was an FBI agent, and he was convicted of murdering a fellow agent, so while she can't focus on that, she does work on her own case of what happened 2 years ago. There were some really interesting reveals, while dealing with various problems, like the rookie FBI agent.

I really enjoyed the investigation into what happened to her in the past, because boy, do people not want her looking into it, and are treating her poorly. Though there were a few people who were friends, and I loved the support that they gave! 

That ending though? That was pretty intense. I can't believe that he would go to that extent, but he hadn't shown much in the way of brains, so I guess he couldn't think of, or though he could avoid, the consequences. It was so satisfying to watch him go down! 

This was such a great read, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Amber Lynn Natusch
Series: Hometown Antihero #1
Read: August 6th, 2022
Source: NetGalley/Bought
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book!
Publisher: Tor Teen
Published: September 4th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!