Saturday, August 13, 2022

Week 32 Review: Dead Little Mean Girl

From Goodreads:
Quinn Littleton was a mean girl—a skinny blonde social terrorist in stilettos. She was everything Emma MacLaren hated. Until she died. 

A proud geek girl, Emma loves her quiet life on the outskirts, playing video games and staying off the radar. When her nightmare of a new stepsister moves into the bedroom next door, her world is turned upside down. Quinn is a queen bee with a nasty streak who destroys anyone who gets in her way. Teachers, football players, her fellow cheerleaders—no one is safe. 

Emma wants nothing more than to get this girl out of her life, but when Quinn dies suddenly, Emma realizes there was more to her stepsister than anyone ever realized. 

A meaningful and humorous exploration of teen stereotypes and grief, Dead Little Mean Girl examines the labels we put on people and what lies beyond if we're only willing to look closer.

My Review:
Man, this book wasn't what I was expecting! When the title, the synopsis and the first chapter telling us that Quinn died, I had certain expectations  about what this story would be, and boy was I wrong. I hadn't read the synopsis in a while, so that didn't help, but oh, I loved this story! 

I thought that this would be a murder mystery. But it's not-it's the story of two girls whose lives are brought together when their mothers begin a romantic relationship, and how they do not get along. And I totally understand why-Quinn was spoiled and selfish. And there were so many moments were I wanted to strangle her. But I didn't actually want her to die.

One thing that had me a little bit worried, was that relationship that she develops with Shawn. I was scared that he was going to use her-she has some body image issues, and he's popular, but thankfully, for my anxiety, it was a really great and loving relationship! 

Emma does learn about not judging people, you don't know what's going on in their lives. There is a point where you have to keep them from hurting you, but to try and be kind. It sucks that it took this extreme to get to that point, but that's why the book exists in the first place. 

This was a fantastic read, and I can't wait to read more by Eva Darrows! 

Author: Eva Darrows
Read: August 10th, 2022
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it`s a SAC 2022 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published: March 28th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!