Saturday, August 13, 2022

Week 32 Review: Final Heir

From Goodreads:
The stakes couldn't be higher in the newest novel in the New York Times bestselling, pulse-pounding Jane Yellowrock series.

Jane Yellowrock is the queen of the vampires, and that makes her a target as she fights to maintain control and keep peace in the city of New Orleans. She has enemies at every turn, because vampires live forever, and they keep their grudges alive with them. That includes the Heir, the vampire sire of the Pellissier bloodline, which gave rise to Leo Pellissier himself—Jane's old boss and the former master of the city.

With the Heir and all the forces of darkness he can muster arrayed against her, Jane will need all the help she can get. She'll find it in her city, her friends, her found family, and, of course, the Beast inside of her.

My Review:
Oh wow, this was such an amazing read! I love this series so much, and this installment, I'm not sure if it's the end of the series or not, Final seems pretty end of series to me. It was such a great adventure, and I loved everything that happened! 

There was so much going on in this book! The threat of the final heir of the Sons of Darkness, well, his plot was nefarious, and it took a lot of effort to face off against him! There was many a battle scene,  and I couldn't get enough! 

The way things ended, with where we left these characters, it was heartwarming, and oh, so satisfying. I especially loved that last line, because they've been through so much, that that's what they're feeling, that was just an excellent ending! 

If this is the end of the series, then it was a really great send off! But I'm glad that we still have the Soulwood series, Nell is a fantastic character, and it means we spend more time with these characters. Though I think I read in Faith Hunter's newsletter that she might be doing something with the kids of this world, which would be great to read! 

This was such a great read, and I can't wait to read more by Faith Hunter! 

Author: Faith Hunter
Series: Jane Yellowrock #15
Read: August 7th, 2022
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Penguin Publishing Group
Expected Publication: September 6th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!