Saturday, September 11, 2021

Week 36 Reviews: The Inheritance Games, The Hawthorne Legacy


A Cinderella story with deadly stakes and thrilling twists, perfect for fans of One of Us is Lying and Knives Out.

Avery Grambs has a plan for a better future: survive high school, win a scholarship, and get out. But her fortunes change in an instant when billionaire Tobias Hawthorne dies and leaves Avery virtually his entire fortune. The catch? Avery has no idea why--or even who Tobias Hawthorne is. To receive her inheritance, Avery must move into sprawling, secret passage-filled Hawthorne House, where every room bears the old man's touch--and his love of puzzles, riddles, and codes.

Unfortunately for Avery, Hawthorne House is also occupied by the family that Tobias Hawthorne just dispossessed. This includes the four Hawthorne grandsons: dangerous, magnetic, brilliant boys who grew up with every expectation that one day, they would inherit billions. Heir apparent Grayson Hawthorne is convinced that Avery must be a con-woman, and he's determined to take her down. His brother, Jameson, views her as their grandfather's last hurrah: a twisted riddle, a puzzle to be solved. Caught in a world of wealth and privilege, with danger around every turn, Avery will have to play the game herself just to survive. 

From Goodreads:
The Inheritance Games ended with a bombshell, and now heiress Avery Grambs has to pick up the pieces and find the man who might hold the answers to all of her questions - including why Tobias Hawthorne left his entire fortune to Avery, a virtual stranger, rather than to his own daughters or grandsons.

Thanks to a DNA test, Avery knows that she's not a Hawthorne by blood, but clues pile up hinting at a deeper connection to the family than she had ever imagined. As the mystery grows and the plot thickens, Grayson and Jameson, the enigmatic and magnetic Hawthorne grandsons, continue to pull Avery in different directions. And there are threats lurking around every corner, as adversaries emerge who will stop at nothing to see Avery out of the picture - by any means necessary.
My first review of The Inheritance Games

My Review:
Of course I loved reading these books! I always love Jennifer Lynn Barnes books, and I was rereading Inheritance Games. But I was dying to read Hawthorne Legacy, and yeah, it was a fantastic read, I loved spending more time with Avery and the Hawthorne brothers! 

Watching Avery and the brothers unravel the mystery left to them, was so fantastic, as well as watching their interactions. A lot happens in the first book, but a lot happens in the 2nd as well. I just loved reading these books! 

Book 2 dealt more with the mystery the grandfather had left to his daughters years before, that they never did, but this generation take it on and I love where it lead them and what they learned! It'll be interesting to see how that plays out in the future! 

There's the mystery of the Hawthorne son thought to be dead, and how he was connected to Avery, and what happened on that island. I loved how that all went down, that ending was pretty intense and revealed a lot and I loved it!

And there was also the romance, but both Greyson and Jameson are great guys, and this book ends with Avery making a choice but not telling us, and I'm wondering if she chose neither, because that would fit with what she'd been thinking…

It was while I was creating this post that I learned that we're getting  3rd book, The Final Gambit, and I can't fully explain my excitement for this book! I absolutely love Jennifer Lynn Barnes writing, and this series so much, so to get a 3rd book is just utterly fantastic! I can’t wait to see how it’s all going to wrap up!

Utterly loved reading this book, and I am so pumped for the 3rd and final book! 

Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Series: The Inheritance Games #1, 2
First Read: September 2nd, 2020
Read: September 6th, 7th, 2021
Source: Own, Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Rereading! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Books and The Hawthorne Legacy is a WoW Book!
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Published: September 1st 2020, September 7th 2021

The Inheritance Games:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








The Hawthorne Legacy:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!