Saturday, April 15, 2023

Week 15 Reviews: Sacred Hospitality, The Atlas Paradox


Hospitium (Greek: ξενία, xenia, προξενία) is the ancient art of hospitality, defined as the sacred right of the guest and the divine duty of the host. For example, it would be indecent for the guest to set fire to the curtains of the host, or for the host to poison the meal of the guest.
Not that anyone abides by ancient traditions.

From Goodreads:
DESTINY IS A CHOICE

The Atlas Paradox is the long-awaited sequel to dark academic sensation The Atlas Six—guaranteed to have even more yearning, backstabbing, betrayal, and chaos.

Six magicians. Two rivalries. One researcher. And a man who can walk through dreams. All must pick a side: do they wish to preserve the world—or destroy it? In this electric sequel to the viral sensation, The Atlas Six, the society of Alexandrians is revealed for what it is: a secret society with raw, world-changing power, headed by a man whose plans to change life as we know it are already under way. But the cost of knowledge is steep, and as the price of power demands each character choose a side, which alliances will hold and which will see their enmity deepen?

My Review:
Oh man, I loved reading these stories! I loved the first book, and I was really looking forward to continuing. And I'm so glad that I did, but why did I do it so soon, when book 3 doesn't come out for almost a year? 

Sacred Hospitality was utterly hilarious! We got to see these characters before they were recruited for the Alexandrian Society, and I loved it! Of course Libby and Nico were together, and bickering, and having to write a paper together, and the game that their friends were playing to try and help them, I was wheezing with laughter! 

The Atlas Paradox, well, we got to see Libby where she was, and the rest of the group where they were, and I loved getting all of their sides to the story, they were complicated people who were learning and dealing with such a bizarre and complex situation.

So much happened, like the bit of romance that Libby struck up (I was thinking something about that, and when it happened, I was delighted to be right.) The plan that Atlas has, I don't know how it's going to continue on, but with all that happened in that ending, I need to know how things are going to progress from here! 

These were so great to read, and I can't wait for more! 

Author: Olivie Blake
Series: The Atlas #0.5, 2
Read: April 8th, 8th, 2023
Source: Ebook.bike, Library 
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book s and The Atlas Paradox is a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Tor, Macmillan Audio
Published: September 15th 2022, October 25th 2022

Sacred Hospitality: 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








The Atlas Paradox: 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!