Friday, September 15, 2023

Book Blogger Hop #310, September 15th

The Book Blogger Hop was originally created by Jennifer from Crazy-For-Books in March 2010 and ended on December 31, 2012. With Jennifer's permission, Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer relaunched the meme on February 15, 2013. Check out the hop hereCheck out the hop here

Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.

The Question of the week is: How long does it usually take you to finish a book? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

Time reading? If it's ebook or physical, I'm usually at a rate of 80 pages an hour. Audiobooks, I'm up to 3.0 speed, which is the max for most of my sources of audiobooks (the various library apps that my library system has.) Time with that book, including when I'm not reading? Longer if I start it in the morning when I only have my breaks to read (but the opposite for audiobooks, because during the morning at work I have a solid 3 hours of listening) shorter if it's at night. So roughly 4-6 hours a book. Ish. What about you guys? Happy reading! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed you are able to break down your reading so precisely! That's great that you are able to listen to audiobooks during work and at 3.0 speed. Listening to an audiobook at work is too difficult with the work I do, and I can't go over 1.5 because anything higher distorts the nuance and voice of the narrator to the point I can't enjoy it. I'm not able to narrow my reading down by page count and minutes as it varies considerably depending on multiple factors.

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a rough estimate from when I've done 24 hour reading challenges. Sometimes I can get up to 100 pages an hour, and sometimes I get a bit distracted, so I went with about the average. And I sometimes have trouble understanding what people are saying if they're not in front of me so phone calls are a source of anxiety for me. So I only got into audiobooks last year, because I was able to listen to them at work. And as I spend more time with them, the higher a speed I was able to work up to, because right now I have at least 3 solid hours of listening time, every single work day. All the better to consume all these books that I want to read! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!