Saturday, September 30, 2023

Week 39 Review: Warping Minds & Other Misdemeanors

From Goodreads:
My name is Kit Morris, and welcome to my warped life.

Picture the Me, an average guy with psychic powers—not that my abilities are in any way average—just trying to scrape by in a harsh world. So maybe I've conned a few people, but did I really deserve to be thrown in MPD jail alongside magic-wielding serial killers?

According to Agent Lienna Shen, one-hundred-percent yes.

But her hardass attitude and "Arcana prodigy" status aren't enough to bring down my former best friend, who slipped through the MPD’s fingers and is days away from unleashing untold horrors upon the city. Or he's going to steal something. I don't really know.

Whatever he's up to, that's why I’m sitting in an interrogation room with Lienna. And that's why I just offered myself as her temporary new partner for the purposes of thwarting my ex-accomplice.

And that's how I’m going to escape. I might even help with the case before I cut and run.

--
Meet MagiPol's most unlikely duo in a hilarious new series set in The Guild Codex world. It can be read as a standalone series or as part of the larger Guild Codex saga.

My Review:
I had a fantastic time reading this book! I love the first book in this world, and I had to continue on, and this was the next book listed in the world reading order. I had such a great time reading it, getting to know these characters and this section of the world!



This was a really wonderful read, and I can't wait to read more from this series and this world! 

Authors: Annette Marie and Rob Jacobsen
Series: The Guild Codex: Warped #1, Guild Codex Universe #2
Read: September 27th, 2023
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Loved the first book in the series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book! 
Publisher: Dark Owl Fantasy Inc.
Published: August 7th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!