Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Becca's BookoplAthon Roll as You Go Round 2023 Sign Up

This is the 3rd year, and thus my tradition, as long as the month long version of BookoplAthon is September, I'll do a month of Roll as You Go in October! This year is a bit different, since the main round is now October, but I used this board in September with a set amount of rolls, so it's the same for me! 

Chance Cards:
Bad Luck Vampire by Lynsay Sands
Graves Wars by Gena Showalter and Jill Monroe
All Fall Down by Ally Carter
Hellhole by Gina Damico

Community Shelf:
Read a book written by a female author
Read a book written by a favourite author
Read a book that you've read before
Read a book that fulfills a reading goal
Read a graphic novel
Read a book with an animal on the cover
Read a debut novel
Read a book with a one-word title
Read a book inspired by mythology
Read a book released in 2018
Listen to an audiobook

With the end of the September Round, I ended up on Third Person, so that's where I'm going to start from here. I'll be adding what rolls I get, and what book I choose here, though I'll also be putting that next roll once I finish a book.

Day 1, Roll 1:
A 7, which gets me to Most Recent Purchase. I'm going to use The Sunlit Man by Brandon Sanderson (I'll put the title in come October 1st) This is a pre-order, and I paid for it when the kickstarter was backed. But it comes out October 1st, so what could be more recent then that? 

Day 2, Roll 2:
A  11, which gets me to Purple. I'm going with Grave Wars by Gena Showalter and Jill Monroe, this cover is predominantly purple! 

Day 3, Roll 3:
A  9, which gets me to Mary Shelley. I'm going with Bad Luck Vampire by Lynsay Sands, this world of vampires is because of nanites, which is sci-fi (especially since they were created in the past) so I'm counting it! 

Day 4, Roll 4:
A 5, which gets me to Ravens & Crows. I'm going with The River Has Teeth by Erica Waters, there's an owl on the cover, which is a type of bird! I'll use it! 

Day 5, Roll 5:
A 3, which gets me to Toffee Apple. I'm going with The Only Survivors by Megan Miranda, I love her mysteries, and I know I'll read it quickly! 

Day 6, Roll 6:
A 8, which gets me to Michael Myers. I'm going with Deadly Little Scandals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes, this is book 2 in the series, so that works!  

Day 7, Roll 7:
A 8, which gets me to Community Shelf. Using a random list generator, I got Read a book written by a female author. I'm going with Outcasts by Josephine Angelini, this is a female author so that fits the prompt! 

Day 8, Roll 8:
A 7, which gets me to Purple. I'm going with The Lovely and the Lost by Jennifer Lynn Barnes, the paperback cover doesn't have a lot of purple, it does but not a lot. But the original cover was purple smoke, and I really want and need to read this book, so I'm taking it! 

Day 9, Roll 9:
A 6, which gets me to Are We Out of The Woods Yet?. But since that's doubles, I have to do another roll! I'm going with What Lies in the Woods by Kate Alice Marshall, the title has Wood in the title, and it focuses on events that happened in the woods, so I'm going with it! 

Day 9, Roll 9:


A 4, which gets me to Daphne du Maurier. But since that's doubles, I have to do another roll! I'm going with Under This Red Rock by Mindy McGinnis, this book is a psychological mystery, which sounds like it'll be dark and haunting, and I'll use that! 

Day 9, Roll 11:
A 7, which gets me to Toffee Apple. I'm going with Captive by Iris Johansen, I just pick up Iris Johansen books and then I can't put them down, so that works! 

Day 10, Roll 12:
A 8, which gets me to Michael Meyers. I'm going with Looks that Kill by Amanda Stevens, this is book 3 in the series, so I'm going with that! 

Day 11, Roll 13:
A 8, which gets me to Community Shelf. Using a random list generator, I got Read a book with a one-word title. But since that's doubles, I have to do another roll! I'm going with Sabotage by Sherrilyn Kenyon, this is just one word for the title! 

Day 11, Roll 14:
A 8, which gets me to Feed Scroll. I scrolled on Goodreads, and the first book that came up that I want to read and have access to is Together We Rot by Skyla Arndt, so that's what I'll be reading! 

Day 12, Roll 15:
A 2, which gets me to Mood Read. But since that's doubles, I have to do another roll! I'm going with To Catch a Killer by Sheryl Scarborough, it sounds good and I want to read it! 

Day 12, Roll 16:
A 5, which gets me to Community Shelf. Using a random list generator, I got Read a book that you've read before. I'm going with The Butterfly Clues by Kate Ellison, I've read it before! 

Day 13, Roll 17:
A 3, which gets me to Dice Roulette. Here's what I rolled:
A 7. I'm going with Daughter of the Siren Queen by Tricia Levenseller, it's 368 pages, so within the page range, so that works! 

Day 14, Roll 18:
A 9, which gets me to Pumpkin Spice. I'm going with Traveling With Gentlemen by Kathryn Moon! I love the series, and I missed this one, and it is definitely spicy! 

Day 15, Roll 19:
A 8, which gets me to Big Book. I'm going with Exit Strategy by Kelley Armstrong! It's 512 pages, so that works! 

Day 16, Roll 20:
A 5, which gets me to Community Shelf. Using a random list generator, I got Read a book written by a favourite author. I'm going with Made to Be Broken by Kelley Armstrong! Kelley Armstrong is definitely a favourite author, I just love her books (and this series) so much! 

Day 18, Roll 23:
A 9, which gets me to Hannibal Lector. I'm going with Like a Wolf With a Bone by Shelly Laurenston! Bone is a body part, so I'm using it! 

Day 19, Roll 24:
A 10, which gets me to TBR Veteran. But since that's doubles, I have to do another roll! I'm going with  The Mane Event by Shelly Laurenston! I've had this series on my TBR since I started the Honey Badger series, so at least 3 years ago!

Day 19, Roll 25:
A 8, which gets me to Mood Read. I'm going with The Beast in Him by Shelly Laurenston! I just really want to read this series! 

Day 20, Roll 26:
A 10, which gets me to Black Cats. I'm going with The Mane Squeeze by Shelly Laurenston! The main character is half lion, half other feline, shifter, that's a cat, so I'm using it! 

Day 20, Roll 27:
A 4, which gets me to What A Ghostly Scene. I'm going with Voice of Fear by Heather Graham! This is about a ghost-seeing FBI unit, so that works! 

Day 21, Roll 28:
A 8, which gets me to Michael Meyers. I'm going with Everyone on This Train is a Suspect by Benjamin Stevenson! This is book 2 in the series, so I'm going with it!

Day 22, Roll 29:
A 7, which gets me to Lowest Rated. I'm going with Suddenly a Murder by Lauren Muñoz! This is the lowest rated of my remaining Book Battle TBR, so that works!  

Day 23, Roll 30:
A 5, which gets me to Orange. I'm going with To Right the Wrongs by Sheryl Scarborough! This cover is mainly orange, so that work! 

Day 24, Roll 31:
A 12, which gets me to Mary Shelley. But since that's doubles, I have to do another roll! I'm going with Wandering Star by Romina Russell! This is a sci fi, so that works! 

Day 24, Roll 32:
A 6, which gets me to Broken Mirrors. But since that's doubles, I have to do another roll! I'm going with Sword Catcher by Cassandra Clare! This cover is doubled, and it was given as an example for this space, so that works!  

Day 24, Roll 33:
A 8, which gets me to Hannibal Lector. I'm going with Three Drops of Blood by Gretchen McNeil! Blood is a body part, so I'm using it!

Day 25, Roll 34:
A 11, which gets me to Small Book. I'm going with The Stranger Upstairs by Lisa M. Matlin! It's 282 pages so that works! 

Day 26, Roll 35:
A 11, which gets me to Stabby. I'm going with either Catching Fire or Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins! Both of these books are stabby, I just don't know how much I'm going to read tomorrow, since I have 2 other books besides the Hunger Games series to read, so if I can read 5 books tomorrow, I'll do it, but I don't know! 

Day 27, Roll 36:


A 6, which gets me to Dice Roll Roulette. But since that's doubles, I have to do another roll! Here's what I rolled:
A 8. I'm going with Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins! This book is 390 pages, so that's in the page range! 

Day 27, Roll 37:
A 9, which gets me to Pumpkin Spice. I'm going with either The Spiritglass Charade by Colleen Gleason! I'm so excited to continue on with this series, I've read the first book twice now and I'll have to read it a 3rd time, but I'll finally continue on with this series! 

Day 28, Roll 38:
A 10, which gets me to Highest Rated. I'm going with Beast Behaving Badly by Shelly Laurenston! This is the highest rated of the books that I want to read before the end of the month, so that works!

Day 29, Roll 39:
A 3, which gets me to Community Shelf. Using a random list generator, I got Read a book written by a female author. I'm going with something by Shelly Laurenston! Shelly Laurenston is a female author, and I'm going with it!  Depending on what I'm reading, and what I could roll, it's either going to be Bear Meets Girl or Wolf With Benefits. Because Wolf With Benefits has a purple cover.

Day 29, Roll 40:
A 7, which gets me to Purple. I'm going with Wolf With Benefits by Shelly Laurenston! It has a purple cover, so I'm going with it! 

Day 30, Roll 41:
A 10, which gets me to Daphne du Maurier. I'm going with The Voice Upstairs by Laura E. Weymouth! The main character sees ghosts, and was compared to The Haunting of Bly Manor and that is very atmospheric! 

Day 30, Roll 42:
A 7, which gets me to Toffee Apple. I'm going with Four to Score by Janet Evanovich! I love this series, its so much fun, and I can't wait to continue on! 

Day 31, Roll 43:


A 6, which gets me to Hannibal Lector. I'm going with A Fire in the Flesh by Jennifer L. Armentrout! Flesh is a part of bodies, so I'm using it! And a perfect book to end out the month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!