Saturday, September 30, 2023

Week 39 Review: Tell the Wind and Fire

From Goodreads:
In a city divided between opulent luxury in the Light and fierce privations in the Dark, a determined young woman survives by guarding her secrets. 

Lucie Manette was born in the Dark half of the city, but careful manipulations won her a home in the Light, celebrity status, and a rich, loving boyfriend. Now she just wants to keep her head down, but her boyfriend has a dark secret of his own—one involving an apparent stranger who is destitute and despised.

Lucie alone knows of the deadly connection the young men share, and even as the knowledge leads her to make a grave mistake, she can trust no one with the truth.

Blood and secrets alike spill out when revolution erupts. With both halves of the city burning, and mercy nowhere to be found, can Lucie save either boy—or herself?

Celebrated author Sarah Rees Brennan tells a magical tale of romance and revolution, love and loss.

My Review:
This book was so amazing! I love her writing so much, and this book scared me a little bit, because I'd read the ending, and knew that there were some really sad parts, not to mention that the synopsis mentions loss. But oh, it was such a fantastic read! 

There was the the whole dark and light separation in this city, I knew that it wasn't a good system, and people were being horribly treated by it.


I'm so glad that I read this book, it was difficult at times, but such an incredible book! 

Author: Sarah Rees Brennan
Read: September 27th, 2023
Source: Own
Reason Why: Love her books! And it's a SAC 2023 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Clarion Books
Published: April 5th 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!