Saturday, April 16, 2011

Week 15 Review: Catching Genius

From Goodreads:
As children, Connie and Estella were best friends-until Estella was discovered to be a math prodigy, which led to the sisters' estrangement. Now, years later, they are forced to reunite on the Gulf Coast of Florida as they pack up their childhood home and ready it for sale. The reunion comes at a time when both Connie and Estella must come to terms with painful revelations and devastating consequences in their own lives. And once again, her sister's genius may alter Connie's life in ways she cannot control.

My review:
This was a very good book. I could feel for Connie-her husband was cheating on her, and had been for 8 years, giving her gifts when it was over, her oldest son always being more said husband's kid, and being a typical teen, well, not being a teen covers it.

When her mom says she wants to sell a house from her childhood house, Connie really doesn't want to go. But she does. And I'm glad that she does, this way, she reconciles with her older sister whom wasn't around after it was discovered that Estella had an IQ over 140, and Estella didn't want Connie to "catch" her "eyeque" I believe it was.

Overall, it was a great book. The only thing was, that I wish that there'd been more going on with the husband, after he steals the car and goes to jail, he does nothing, and I was anticipating him coming and trying to kill her and or take at least Gil. But he doesn't. Oh, well. Still a good book! I will be looking out for this author in the future!!

Author: Kristy Kiernan
Read: April 15th, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded so great!
Publisher: Berkley
Published: May 6th 2007
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!