Saturday, April 16, 2011

Week 15 Review: If Angels Burn


What if vampires were the victims and humans the predators? This is the underlying premise of Lynn Viehl's most unusual love story, If Angels Burn. It is the first in a suspenseful new series about the Darkyn, vampire-like creatures persecuted by humans since the Middle Ages. When Dr. Alexandra Keller is recruited -- kidnapped, actually -- to perform reconstructive surgery on a reclusive New Orleans millionaire, she finds more than a patient in need of a new face. She meets a compelling being, Michael Cyprien, who engages her on the most primal of levels and inspires her to help his people. Alex's battle to heal her patient and her struggle to regain control of her own emotions is paralleled by the story of her brother, a tortured monk who allies himself with the Brethren, a Vatican-sponsored enemy of the Darkyn.


My review:
While reading this book, I was thoroughly engrossed in the story, the plot line. It has excellent characters, and a great plot, and I liked how it progressed. Great story for those that like medical or vampire-ish novels, and there is romance, but it's mostly angst in this book, the only real romance scene near the end. That's the only thing I didn't like, but in the later books, we get more of Michael and Alexandra, which made me very happy!

So if you like any of those themes, come check it out!

OK, I'm done. Please shoot me now, that took forever! But I had seven of these books due friday, and I couldn't help reading The Darkest Secret and Infinity! Oh, well. Next week, it won't be so busy, yeah!!! I hope you guys will enjoy this books, I know I did!

Author: Lynn Viehl
Series: Darklyn #1
Read: April 10th, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: It sounded good!
Publisher: Signet
Published: April 5th 2005

5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!