Saturday, April 23, 2011

Week 16 Review: 13 To Life

Everything about Jessie Gillmansen's life changed when her mother died. Now even her hometown of Junction is changing. Mysterious dark things are happening. All Jessie wants is to avoid more change. But showing a hot new guy around Junction High, she's about to discover a whole new type of change. Pietr Rusakova is more than good looks and a fascinating accent—he's a guy with a dangerous secret. And his very existence is sure to bring big trouble to Jessie's small town. It seems change is the one thing Jessie can't avoid…

My review:
This book was interesting, The beginning might have been a bit not to my liking-as much as I can not like a book-because it felt like something exciting was going to happen, and then I felt like nothing really did. That sounds worst then I mean for, but I really enjoyed this book-I read it 2 times.

I found the story to be excellent, which for me means reading just a bit too quickly, and going back to see what little details that I missed since I wanted to know what was going to happen, now.

I felt that the ending wrapped everything up that was important, but also left something up for the sequel-the Rusakova's mom, and Sarah, and why Pietr and Jess's old crush didn't like each other.
All in all, a good book, and I can't wait till it's sequel, "Secrets and Shadows" finally arrives at my library since it's been 5 days since it was shipped. And I just learned that a third book, "Bargains and Betrayals" is to be released sometime this August. Fingers crossed that it comes out then, or soon, not later!

Author: Shannon Delany
Series: 13 to Life #1
Read: April 18th, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: It sounded good!
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Published: June 22nd 2010
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!