Saturday, June 11, 2011

Week 23 Reivew: The Trial

From Goodreads:
A small town attorney is forced to battle a giant drug company in an attempt to save his daughter's life.  She had volunteered for a clinical trial of a drug that both the company and the FDA knew was dangerous.  When his daughter's liver starts to fail, and he realizes a liver transplant is out of the question, he decides to fight the drug company on the playing field he knows best…the courtroom.  Discovering what was hidden from the public, he finds himself faced with a ruthless adversary willing to commit bribery, kidnapping and murder to keep the drug on the market.

My Review:
I received this book for review from LibraryThing.

It was an ARC, so there were some mistakes, like a few pages near the end being at an angle on the page, but all in all, it was a great book!

I loved the plot, and the idea of corruption, it's something that we've probably all seen, but not something that I've viewed quite like this, and I really enjoyed it!

The only thing that I didn't like so much, was how quickly it all wrapped up, I'd thought that the bad guy might've been a bit prepared for something like that, but it didn't happen. Oh, well.

Other then that, I really enjoyed the book, and I hope you guys do, too!

Author: Larry D. Thompson
Read: June 8th, 2011
Source: Received a copy from LibraryThing!
Reason Why: Sounded really good!
Publisher: Thomas Dunne Books
Published: March 29th 2011
4/5 Hearts
3.5/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!