Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What is a Writer? I'd Really Like to Know!

What is an writer? How do you get to be an writer? How do you get to be a good writer? These are questions I'd really like to know.

I mean, I have over 200 ideas, over 40 WIP's, and 2 finished novels.

So what is an author?

Well, an author is someone who strings words together to form sentences, paragraphs, ideas, characters, plot, stories, that come together.

Well, ok, good enough. Now for the next question. How do you get to be an author? You write, and you keep writing, and you get the hand of it, practicing and practicing, and having fun, too, because if it's not fun, then why do it?

You write stories, you write tales. You write and write and you love it and you have fun.

It should be something that other people would be interested in, too, because if others aren't interested, then you would most likely not show it to other people, and then it would rot away on your computer or something unless you came and shook it up a bit from time to time.

It should be something unique, or something that hasn't be put in that way yet.

But how to do that? That's what I want to know. I want to know how to be good, what words, what doesn't, how things work, how people work, how they understand, what they don't, and just the basic question. How do I write?

By putting words together, yes, but how to make it interesting? One time when I put work up (mind you, something that I'd only spent 5 minutes on, and about 3 hours before it was due) I was voted off at the first time, when there was way worse pieces of writing up there like this one bit that was 3 run on sentences, and about 200 words or something. The main comment I got? To format it. Which is funny, since I wasn't the one to post it. It had tabs as paragraphs on Word, but when it got posted on the forum, WriYe, the tabs weren't recognized and so yeah. There weren't many comments on the writing itself, out of seven pieces of feedback, 3 where it was about proofreading (like I said, 5 minutes writing the piece) 3 were more general plot things,  though 1 of them thought the MC was a guy, which is pretty funny, since it was a girl, don't know if they read wrong or if I didn't write it right, 3 had mentions of the paragraphs, 1 person liked it, and 1 person liked it but was one of the proofreaders, too.

All in all, there wasn't much help on the writing aspect.

So I'd like to know, what makes a good author?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!