Saturday, October 6, 2012

Week 40 Review: Darke

From Goodreads:
In the sixth book of the Magykal series, Alther Mella has been Banished, a Darke Domaine engulfs the Castle, and a Darke dragon is on the loose. Septimus Heap must use all of his skills to save the Castle and the Wizard Tower from destruction: He must enter the Darke. But he cannot do this alone. With the help of Jenna, Alther Mella, Marcellus Pye, and Septimus's estranged brother, Simon Heap, Septimus and Marcia Overstrand battle the spreading Darkenesse. Will Septimus succeed in protecting his Magykal world?

My Review:
I don't think I should've read this book.. I've enjoyed this series so much, but I've outgrown it, and while I enjoyed it, it's not for me anymore. And that just makes me sad, because I did really enjoy this series, and now I probably won't as much as I did.

This series has been growing and growing with each book. These characters are growing up (though not as fast a rate as I am, since less time is passing) and they've been through so much, they aren't the same ones who were in the first book, that's for sure!

Things really came together in this book! Which was really great, because things have been going on for 5 previous books, and this one! And how it came together, well, yeah, these books have been getting longer and longer!

I wish that there'd been more of Sep and Jenny, because it felt like their relationship could be turning romantic, and if they'd had more time together, then we could've seen that. So too bad that it didn't happen, but oh, well! Good ending!

This was a really great book, I enjoyed it a lot, I just wish that it'd come out earlier when I was younger!

Author: Angie Sage
Series: Septimus Heap #6
Read: September 29th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Had to finish the series!
Publisher: Katherine Tegan Books
Published: January 1st 2011
5/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
2/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!