Saturday, October 6, 2012

Week 40 Review: Obsidian

From Goodreads:
Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don't kill him first, that is.

My Review:
Oh, man, what a wonderful, amazing, fantastic, utterly heart-devouring book! I loved it so much, and it was so addicting, that I just had to read, and read, and read it! Daemon was just such a hot and cold character, being mean, then nice, and yeah, while he has his reasons, that doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt!

I loved how Katy's a book blogger, so I understand her excitement over books, and the 2 meme posts that she mentioned, since I participate in both! So yeah, there was that, and that she got ARC's, and her excitement about those, I totally mirror it! I just wish that we got a few of the titles, instead of some descriptions! Because I know one of them is Touch.

Loved the interactions between Katy and Daemon, and how he just raises her hackles just by talking, and that he does it on purpose we learn, from the bonus chapters at the back of my copy in Daemon's POV! Oh, and the whole spork thing!

Lux were just awesome, beings of light, and all their various powers, and how Katy remarks, they're more powerful then Superman, and while they have weaknesses, the only one that we currently know about is a) they're weaker in their light form (which seems weird, as it's their original one, but oh, well) and b) the Arum can take their powers and their life force. But that first means that the Arum has to take down the Lux first. Which would be difficult!

I absolutely loved this book, and I really can't wait for the next one, what with the challenges at the end of this one!

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux #1
Read: September 29th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: It sounded fantastic! Had to read it!
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Published: November 29th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!