Saturday, December 1, 2012

Week 48 Review: Ashen Winter

From Goodreads:
It's been over six months since the eruption of the Yellowstone supervolcano. Alex and Darla have been staying with Alex's relatives, trying to cope with the new reality of the primitive world so vividly portrayed in Ashfall, the first book in this series. It's also been six months of waiting for Alex's parents to return from Iowa. Alex and Darla decide they can wait no longer and must retrace their journey into Iowa to find and bring back Alex's parents to the tenuous safety of Illinois. But the landscape they cross is even more perilous than before, with life-and-death battles for food and power between the remaining communities. When the unthinkable happens, Alex must find new reserves of strength and determination to survive.

My Review:
This was a really fantastic book! I mean, I enjoyed Ashfall a lot, but I wasn't expecting to like this book as much as I did! It was so good and cool and epic, and I just enjoyed it so much! And I'm torn on whether or not to want a 3rd book!

To be honest, it was a bit hard to get into this book. Ashfall left things in a pretty good place, besides Alex's parent's not being there. And books are boring without conflict. Which means that something bad would happen to the characters. And I was right, bad things happened!

We really get to meet Alex's parents in this book, which was pretty awesome! And we got to meet a few new characters, which was really great! Though things don't turn out so well for some of them, it does for others, which was really good! Plus, seeing more of this world was really great, too!!

Well, maybe I'm not so conflicted on having a 3rd book. I definitely want one, I just want the characters to have some peace, after all that's happened. But I want to see that battle that's coming! That's the little conflict that I have!

Such a fantastic book, and just so well written!

Author: Mike Mullin
Series: Ashfall #2
Read: November 28th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: I loved Ashfall, it's a 2012 Dystopian novel, it's a Sophomore Challenge book, and it's a WoW book!
Publisher: Tanglewood Press
Expected Publication: October 8th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!