Saturday, August 3, 2013

Week 31 Review: One for the Money

From Goodreads:
ONE FINE MESS
Welcome to Trenton, New Jersey, home to wiseguys, average Joes, and Stephanie Plum, who sports a big attitude and even bigger money problems (since losing her job as a lingerie buyer for a department store). Stephanie needs cash-fast-but times are tough, and soon she's forced to turn to the last resort of the truly desperate: family...

ONE FALSE MOVE
Stephanie lands a gig at her sleazy cousin Vinnie's bail bonding company. She's got no experience. But that doesn't matter. As does the fact that the bail jumper in question is local vice cop Joe Morelli. From the time he first looked up her dress to the time he first got into her pants, to the time Steph hit him with her father's Buick, M-o-r-e-l-l-i has spelled t-r-o-u-b-l-e. And now the hot guy is in hot water-wanted for murder...

ONE FOR THE MONEY
Abject poverty is a great motivator for learning new skills, but being trained in the school of hard knocks by people like psycho prizefighter Benito Ramirez isn't. Still, if Stephanie can nab Morelli in a week, she'll make a cool ten grand. All she has to do is become an expert bounty hunter overnight-and keep herself from getting killed before she gets her man...

My Review:
I watched the movie first. Because I hadn't really heard of this series, my mom had read them, so was interested in watching the movie, and it looked good, so I started watching it. And it was pretty close, so yeah, it was a lot of fun to read this book soon after!

So Stephanie is in a tight spot, financially. So she starts working at the bail company, and yeah, it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, but it works out pretty well! Especially seeing who her first bail jumper is Joe Morelli, who has a complicated past with Stephanie!

This mystery was just really great! Inter-spaced with family dinners, questioning prostitutes, making friends with Lola, and the situation with Benito Ramirez, there was a lot going on! These characters were real, and really funny, and couldn't get enough!

I loved the twists in the end, I didn't see them coming, because they were in a different place then the movie, and yeah, I just enjoyed reading them so much! It didn't help that it meant that the book was ending, but yeah, just because the big bang had happened, that the book was done!

Yeah, I enjoyed this book so much, it was so entertaining, and I loved Stephanie's voice so much, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Janet Evanovich
Series: Stephanie Plum #1
Read: July 31st, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Saw the movie, and it was interesting, so I wanted to read the books!
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Published: June 13th 2006
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!